Why do I need a motorcycle camera?
As a motorcycle rider, you may agree with the article found here: Motorcycle Accidents Who Is To Blame.
- There are many factors that may attribute to motorcycle accidents. A primary issue concerned in accidents that involve more than one vehicle is that other drivers may not see motorcycles. Motorcycles are much smaller than most vehicles on the road. Taking a quick glance in a rear view mirror or side mirror, or over the shoulder, a driver may not see a motorcycle coming behind him or her. In addition, at intersections, motorcycles are also much less visible than other vehicles, leading to accidents. Motorcycle accidents are more likely to occur on weekends, and at night.
- Many times, when people think of motorcycle crashes, they think they are the motorcyclists fault; they may think motorcyclists speed and are reckless drivers. However, approximately half of all motorcycle crashes involve more than one vehicle. Of those crashes, nearly 40 percent are attributed to the other vehicle making a left hand turn in front of the motorcyclist.
That is the case according to this video: Footage shows car case motorcycle accident.
The vehicle driver kept saying, “I do not care!”, “I do not care!”
You will be surprise to hear the above from the driver after his car veered into the motorcycle and wrecking the motorcycle and sending the riders onto the roadway.
The rider’s is lucky to have a friend that says “I got it on video!” Everyone can see the fact that the vehicle driver was at fault. He was able to deliver an airtight case to the police. “Dashcams give drivers an added level of protection to guard against unexpected malicious events which they might otherwise struggle to prove,” says Mark Godfrey, director of RAC Insurance. “By having a visual record, it is far easier for an insurer to come to the right conclusion and avoid the affected motorists being unfairly penalized by a potential fraudster.”
So, to answer to the question “Why do I need a motorcycle camera?”
- Protection against false accident accusations
- G-Force file protection in case of an accident in order to create a permanent recording
- Protection of the motorcycle by capturing tampering while parked
- Recording of a beautiful ride
Riding your motorcycle is a fun experience. The motorcycle dashcam will capture your ride whether it is with your friends or just a solo journey. You can always review and share the video record from the motorcycle dashcam with your friends and family.
It is important to install a motorcycle dashcam that can be trusted to provide years of reliable service.Choose a camera recording system that is easy to setup and use and includes weatherproof and shockproof cameras, no worrying the limitation of the battery capacity and forgetting press the power button to record.
Hey guys. Wondering if anyone has found or is running a dash cam on their motorcycle. I have one in my car, no reason not to have one on the bike. Near misses are a daily thing here so it would be smart. I would like one on the helmet but having to plug/unplug, deal with batteries, and turning on/off will be a huge pain. I’d rather one mounted to the front of the bike, turn on/off with the bike and cycle video’s. More so to prove what I was doing if I get hit. Thanks!